PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE ONLINE PLATFORMS
This website cryptocontrol.io (“Website”), CryptoControl mobile applications for iOS, Android, Windows, and other platforms (“Applications,” each one of them separately will be referred to as “Application”), and various related services (collectively, the Website, Applications and related CryptoControl services, including any updates and new versions, will be referred to as the “Services”) are operated by NewsGate App Pvt. Ltd. (“CryptoControl,” “we,” or “us”).
Information We Collect Through our Services
We may collect the following types of information through our Services (“Collected Data”): information that is directly provided to us, such as personal information you provide when you register for the Services, information that is automatically collected from you, such as information collected from your browser or device, geolocation information and information about your interests.
- Information You Provide to Us: Collected Data may include personal information like your name, email address, and location if you choose to create an account with CryptoControl. If you choose to register for our Services with your third-party service account, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google, you may allow us to access information in your third-party service account. This information varies depending on the service and your settings there, but may include your name, email address, profile information and bio (e.g., age, gender and location), your contacts on that service, your posts and other content that you have made available there. To personalise your experience, you may connect an additional third-party service account to CryptoControl, including Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Evernote, to give us access to and let us analyse your profile information, posts and content you have made available there, and suggest new interests for your CryptoControl account.
- Information That is Automatically Collected: We and our partners, who may include our affiliates, third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, and distribution or other partners, may use automated means to collect various types of information about you, your activity, your computer or other devices used to access our Services. This information does not on its own permit direct association with any specific individual, and may include information received from your web browser, operating system, or device, including information about the browser type, version and settings, browser language preference, information about the operating system, the IP address, cookie information, the referring web page, the name of the Internet service provider or mobile carrier, device information (including the type of device, Unique device identifier (UDID) and Advertising IDs), screen size and resolution, date and time of your request, name of the domain from which you accessed the Internet, and other similar information. This information also includes, information about your activity
- Geolocation Information: We provide local news as part of our Services. If you use the local news feature, we may collect precise information about the geographic location of your device using the location data provided by the operating system of your device. If you do not use the local news feature, we do not collect your coordinates. You can use device settings to block CryptoControl from accessing your location.
- Information About Your Interests: To make inferences about your interests and content preferences we may collect information about how you view and interact with content through our Services. When you visit and navigate the Services, we collect information about your reading patterns, including, but not limited to, the headlines that you see and/or click on, how long you spend on each story, what percentage of the page is visible to you, as well as actions you take on the story page, including liking/disliking the story and sharing it via email or social networks (we don’t collect any information about recipients of the shared story).
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your web browser and is stored on your hard drive. Similar technologies are also used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked.
On our Website we may use a variety of commonly-used technologies such as cookies, HTML5 local storage, pixel tags, web beacons, and/or other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies”) to help us create your session, identify you across multiple usage sessions, keep you logged in, and help us remember certain information about how you interact with our Services. In our Applications we use device/advertising ID provided by the operating system and local storage capability to identify you and collect information about you. We treat information collected by Cookies and other similar technologies as non-personally identifiable information, as this information does not on its own permit direct association with any specific individual.
By visiting or using the Services, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge and agree that you are giving us consent to track your activities and your use of the Services through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future.
Opt-out If you wish to prevent certain or all cookies from being set to your hard drive or device when you visit our Website, or to clear existing cookies from your browser’s or device’s cache, you may be able to disable them in your browser’s or device’s preferences, although your browser or device might then be unable to accommodate certain functionalities of the Services, including news personalisation.
Do Not Track We do not track Users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor content they present to you.
How We Use the Information
We use your personally identifiable information to contact you through email, to provide the Services to you, and to identify your account to you in the Services (e.g. show you your profile picture and name).
We use your non-personally identifiable information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, personalize, and improve our Services, content and advertising, for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes, for internal reporting and marketing purposes, as well as to understand and analyze trends, conduct research and test new features, monitor aggregate usage by Users and perform aggregate analysis, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and share data with publishers, advertisers and other third parties.
We may retain your personally identifiable information for as long as necessary to provide the Services to you, provide services to our business partners, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements, or as long as we have a legitimate business need.
CryptoControl only shares your personally identifiable information with third parties in the following scenarios:
- You have explicitly given us consent to share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
- Your personally identifiable information is provided to our subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
- Your personally identifiable information is provided to our trusted vendors or service providers in order to perform a service for CryptoControl. These companies are authorized to use data shared with them only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- When it is reasonably necessary to disclose specific information as required by law, regulations, legal process or governmental request.
- When CryptoControl in good faith believes that disclosing your personally identifiable information to third parties is reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action (in our sole discretion) regarding potentially illegal activities, fraud, security or technical issues, or prevent harm to the rights, property, or safety of CryptoControl, its Users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may sell or transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, consolidation, bankruptcy, or other corporate change.
We may use, transfer, and share aggregated and/or de-identified information about Users, which is not associated with an identifiable User, with third parties without limitations.
Access to Personal Information and Data Deletion
You can ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging into your account. If you would like to delete your account, you can do so on the Website in Settings menu. If you delete your account, your user profile will no longer be visible on our Services, though we may still keep some log information in non-personally identifiable form.
CryptoControl uses generally accepted industry security standards to protect Users’ personal information, including using appropriate cryptographic procedures, hashing password data and encrypting sensitive data during transmission. Service providers and third parties that information is shared with are screened to be sure they also take commercially acceptable precautions to protect your data. We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use Collected Data correctly. However, no Internet transmission is ever fully secure or error free. You should take special care in deciding what information you share with us.
Third-Party Links and Websites
Our Policy Towards Children
Our Services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at [email protected]
Questions and Feedback